To: "Rick Davidson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2004 4:46 PM
Subject: Re[2]: [Declude.JunkMail] Determining a BCC Recipient

I  will  look into those, the boss wants me to do this on the cheap,
the  sql  idea  was first so we could at least say we were archiving
the email.

If you just want archiving for independent audit and to show good faith, concatenate the Q and D into an envelope-preserving MBOX for each day.

However, you have to plan for a real investigation, and retrievability
and simple envelope and body searching requirements will not be met on
the  cheap--since maintaining terabyte databases with _any_ data isn't
cheap.  Full-text  indexing  of  such  dbs also not a small project no
matter what the driver. FTR, dtSearch web costs, I believe, 1000 bucks
( + server + storage + labor ).

--Sandy

------------------------------------ Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist Broadleaf Systems, a division of Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc. e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!

http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.mailmage.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/