Hello Markus,

Tuesday, November 9, 2004, 10:20:16 AM, you wrote:

>> MG> 1.) Anyone has had the known Imail-NIC problems with this
>> Ethernet ports?
>>
>> Yep.

MG> And your solution? Installing another NIC card (3Com) beside the other four
MG> existing ethernet ports?

>> Don't do that. Create 2 more partitions with the rest of your
>> 69G. One for Imail program files and one for spool only.
>> Spool partition should NOT be larger than 4G. 2G is plenty,
>> just make sure you move Imail log files out daily. Oh yea,
>> and don't put your virus hold or declude log files in spool
>> either. Both of those can be separated to another partition.
>> (Imail log files can't)

MG> So considering also Matt's reply:

MG> - Delete the existing 69 GB partition
MG> - Create the two small (and so faster) partitions with around 2 or 3 GB for
MG> Imail program files and Spool-folder
MG> - Create the last partition with all the remaining space to move out log-
MG> and hold-files from the spool folder.

MG> As I know I can specify the virus-folder in virus.cfg but I don't know how
MG> to specify the hold-folder outside the Imail-spoolfolder for the Declude
MG> HOLD action. Have I missed something?

MG> Thanks in advance
MG> Markus

Just as a note, you can use Kiwi Syslog as your syslog server (it's free if
you don't want to use the more advanced features), then write the log
files from Kiwi to anywhere on the system you want, you can even run
it from another server and log there. The log format can be customized to
look like IMail logs. Be aware though, IMail only lets some of the services
log to syslog.

http://www.kiwisyslog.com/

--
Best regards,
 Charles                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]