Just to let everyone know, we have identified the issue with the SPAMHEADERS test. As most people realized, most E-mails sent with a date involving a year after 2004 were failing the SPAMHEADERS test.

For those that are interested in the details, if the SPAMHEADERS code matches the bitmask 0x40000800, it means that an invalid year was detected for the SPAMHEADERS test. Normally, a code such as 0x40000802 would be seen, but others such as 0xC0001802 could also be seen. And I feel that it is only fair for me to point out that this glitch was in code that I wrote (several years ago, actually).

We expect to have a v1.82 ready by tomorrow morning that takes care of this issue.

Part of the reason for the delay (aside from it first being reported on a holiday during a weekend) was that the fix involves changing old source code, which is something that has never been done with Declude before. In the past, when issues such as this were detected, a change would be made to the latest code (v2.0b in this case). However, management made the decision that it would be in the best interest for everyone to make the change to the 1.81 as well, which requires a more complicated procedure for implementing the change.

---- This outgoing message is guaranteed to be authentic by Message Level users. Guarantee the authenticity of your email @ http://www.messagelevel.com. --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]