From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Schmidt
Sent:
Sunday, January 09, 2005 8:15 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Calling an Executable - evaluating in multiple tests

Hi Scott:

My config file has:

    SNIFFER  external  nonzero "sniffer.exe authcode" 1 0

    SNIFFER-SCAMS  external  053 "sniffer.exe authcode" 2 0
    SNIFFER-PORN external  054 "sniffer.exe authcode" 2 0
    SNIFFER-MALWARE external  055 "sniffer.exe authcode" 3 0
    SNIFFER-OBFUSC  external  062 "sniffer.exe authcode" 2 0

I had someone contact me regarding these lines, stating:

"Everything points to your current config which is definitely non-standard" and

" it does represent a misconfiguration, and how it behaves is reliant on the error handling within Declude.  You can't set a test to "nonzero" and also to specific result codes and assume that it will be handled appropriately.  The "nonzero" config trumps the others, and there has never been any indication that things will be handled appropriately when you add more result codes with the same config."

Although my mail headers and stats show that these lines function exactly as intended - I want to avoid dismissing someone who simply may have more insight than me.  Please advise, if my config is indeed a MISconfiguration as this party is stating to categorically, and if I cannot set a test to "nonzero" and also to specific results codes.

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)
Fax:    +1 201 934-9206