We are in the process of moving from Imail to SmarterMail including our Declude setup.

We have setup SmarterMail on a new box and have it running in production now.

The servers with our Imail 7.15 setup where we are moving the mail domains from will stay in operation as they currently are website hosts as well.

Question: Would it be a good idea or bad idea to leave the domains in place on the imail server and configure them as mail2.domain.com with a lower priority in the mx record for a backup mx solution? Our long range plan is to setup another new mail server with Smartermail using the Smartermail SmartHosting feature. But it seems like an easy solution for now would be to utilize the existing imail setup as a backup mx solution.

Thoughts?

John Moore
305 Spin
511 S Ohio Avenue