> It
> might even be nice to do this on a per-IP basis instead of a
> per-port basis, though that's not absolutely necessary.
> Since this is a Web hosting segment and our bandwidth is
> naturally limited going out, and very little intra-DMZ
> traffic exists, something that is 10/100 is all that is necessary.

Maybe give a look to a Fortinet 50 or 60-series Firewall. You can manage
guaranted & max traffic and also priorize certain protocols. The price
shouldn't be higher then a manageable switch with traffic shapping
capabilities.

If you want to monitor each switch port with SNMP unfortunately the cheap
Syslink Switch has no SNMP support. At the moment I look for different
solutions. Certain Cisco Catalyst switches looks promising but also the good
old HP ProCurve 2512/2524.

Markus