From: John Tolmachoff (Lists) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 1:56 PM
To: Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Any word on the 2.06 release?

> Can we assume the company you started is in good hands? How is there
> developer staff? To they understand the process?

While I am not Scott (don't have big enough shoes) I know that Scott cares
way too much about Declude and SPAM and e-mail to trust the company to
someone without knowing it is in good hands.

We had all gotten use to Scott being able to jump in there and do this or
that in record time. However, there is an inherent problem with that, which
is not to say anything against Scott. Things can get messy. Sometimes even
in our own work we do things for a period of time by fix this and fix that
and add this and that and so forth that a time comes when we have to sit
back and say whoa, it now looks like a birds nest and you have to almost
pull everything apart and clean it from the bottom up or visa versa.

Declude grew way beyond I think what Scott originally envisioned, and that
is too his credit. I have known for some time that the base code was getting
to a point that it was either going to be rebuilt or pull all the wires out
and start with new wires.

That is essentially IMO what version 2.0 did.

Now, I am nobody compared to some of the others on this list, but I think a
lot of credit has to go to Scott for not only leading Declude to what it is
today, but for also bringing in new help and ideas.

Although I have never meet Scott personally, I have to say that he is a very
big man for passing the responsibility of maintaining, improving and
building upon the foundation he has laid to others.

I have full confidence in Barry on down in that they will continue to make
Declude the best SPAM and VIRUS filtering software there is for e-mail.

Thanks Scott for all your hard work.

(And thanks to those interns as well. [Inside joke some may remember.])

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You