As a practical matter, I think the client has a reasonable
expectation that blind copies will be blind, unless your terms or
policies state otherwise and he has agreed to those terms or policies.

You should talk to a lawyer, if this issue is really a concern.

Friday, April 8, 2005, 9:16:35 AM, Dan Horne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DH> I have a customer that is PO'ed at us.  We put the recipients of emails
DH> into the headers of every email using Declude's %ALLRECIPS% variable.
DH> This is so we can identify the people who incorrectly report us as
DH> spammers to AOL just because we forward their mail for them.  Since AOL
DH> strips that out, we use Declude to figure out who the message was sent
DH> to.

DH> So this customer gets a bounce message from an email he sent to his
DH> clients making extensive use of BCC:.  In the headers of the bounced
DH> email, he saw his whole client list.  Now he's PO'ed, threatening legal
DH> action, etc, claiming we are "intentionally forwarding identifying
DH> information a user thought was confidential".

DH> Any thoughts on the legal liabilities of bypassing the BCC:
DH> functionality in this way?  My supes has tasked me with finding out
DH> about our responsibility in this matter (the email admin instead of the
DH> lawyer, natch).

DH> -Dan Horne

DH> ---
DH> This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
DH> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
DH> type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found
DH> at http://www.mail-archive.com.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.inetconcepts.net
(972) 788-2364                    Fax: (972) 788-5049
----