> Correct. And along those lines, two thoughts come to mind.
>
> 1  Many of your users may see hundreds(maybe thousands) of
> nondeliverable\unknown user bounces.  'Damage control Monday'
> should be fun this week.

Strange but at the moment I can't see only a very low number of NDR's
Some NDR's are filtered by the same subject line filters if the bouncing MTA
does keep the original subject line in the subject. Maybe we have to change
our filters to look for the known patterns also in the body.
There are only some NDR's having the original message as attachment and some
other challenge/response messages.

What Do you think about body-filtering the already known subject lines in
order to prevent NDR overfilled mailboxes tomorrow?

BTW: A large part of italy, austria, germany and maybe others does have free
this Monday so I believe the spammers has well choosen this date.

Markus