To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 9:50 AM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Insufficient system resources error

I have been having the same issue or incidents would be better
phrasing.

I have a busy server, 4000 + boxes plus many off-site scrubbing
services.

I have had three "incidents" in the past month, the first two were
directly related to smtp crashing and not restarting.

I have not had the smtp issue since installing HF2 for 8.2 .  Since that
point I have had one incident that was very different than the first
two.  There have been no SMTP warnings in event log, no SMTP error 1455
(out of memory) in logs since the HF2.

The only thing I could trace this one to is in the Declude logs.  The
logs indicated it could not move spam to hold directory.

This incident required a hard boot of the server, external access was
cut off.

Declude support has indicated they are seeing this as a possible issue.

Normally, I would not quote tech support on a list and I am not blaming
Declude for this issue.  But this may be very helpful towards resolution
of this issue:

"Chris,

We are currently looking into an issue where the HOLD directive does not
work properly. My first suspicion, since you have mentioned HOLD, is
that it is related to this same issue. It is possible that the hold
directory is not being created correctly or that the name being passed
to that routine is invalid.

David Franco-Rocha
Declude Technical Support"

Thanks,