I will throw in a couple of cents worth (but CDN so perhaps less than
others :) )

All the mail that I process I gateway. So in each domain directory I
have a $default$.junkmail file and in each one of those I have the
following two lines added

WHITELISTFILE   C:\IMail\Declude\Filters\GlobalWhiteList.txt
WHITELISTFILE   C:\IMail\Declude\domain.com\whitelist.txt

I do not use the DOMAINWHITELIST command in global.cfg

By doing the above I can specifically whitelist a user per domain so
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or I have some clients who have multiple domains
being accepted by the same server then in the domain2.com
$default$.junkmail file I put in a reference to domain.com\whitelist and
not domain2.com\whitelist since the two domains are really the "same" so
I only have to maintain one whitelist.txt file for that company.

Hope that helps

     Goran Jovanovic
     The LAN Shoppe

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>