Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude Woes Fixed

Hi List,
I'm not sure if related or not, but since a few days we are getting at MS DNS 2000 Server, many EventIDs 5504 messages saying that malformed packets were received by some roots hints.
And besides that, some domains are resolved to.....freeservers !!!
The cache protection is activated, but not lucky with it.
Each one or two days, we must 'clean cache' to keep it working.

No forwarders, unchecked 'disable recursion' and 'Fail on load if..', Name checking in Multibyte, unchecked automatic scavenging....

But each day, 'cleaning the cache'

Ideas ??

Darin Cox escribió:
We haven't, but then we've been using forwarders with no recursion.  Others on the list might be able to comment on their experiences.

You could potentially use forwarders, but allow recursion... meaning DNS will use the forwarder first, and then try directly if it fails.  We opted to remove the forwarders completely since the forwarder failures were what was causing our processing delays.

Darin.