Hi Dave,

One comment.  I don't think of Declude as an set it and forget it-type tool.
It does take maintenance to stay on top of the spam problem... adding tests
when needed, removing old tests, adjusting weights, etc... in general
adjusting as the spam war changes.

When we first installed it, we only did subject tagging and got about an 80%
catch rate.  For the first year we didn't do much to it except add a few new
DNSBL or RHSBL tests here and there.  It wasn't until a management change in
2003 that we had the freedom to pursue it more, switched to a hold policy
with no subject tagging, and got our catch rate up around 99.5% with less
than 0.5% false positives, much of it with the help of tools like Message
Sniffer from sortmonster.com.

If you haven't looked at it, I would highly recommend you do so.  By itself,
Sniffer has a catch rate around 95% on our systems.  And while we do see
almost daily false positives from Sniffer, part of it is due to a few
customers that work in subjects very similar to typical spam... like a
design/marketing firm that works with marriage and family issues, and has
occasional discussions related to pornography... or a couple of electronic
component distributors that do business with some Asian distributors that
frequently spam.  Pete is very good about maintaining a quality rulebase,
though, and responds quickly to spam and false positive reports.

I've heard good things about Invariant Systems invURIBL plug-in as well.

Darin.