> Well since you are working on the code - something that for me would
> be  nice is a modification to your "-e" switch. What I would like to
> have  happen  is return the SA weight only after a threshold is met.
> For  example  with  a  setting  of  5  an email of 4.99 would not be
> considered  spam  but anything above would and the total score would
> be  passed. Hopefully I'm clear on this - I'm trying! Thanks for the
> consideration.

I  think  I see your point. If you have the -lt option set, that'll be
the  low  end of what's considered spam, and it's designed to accept a
couple  of decimal places, so you could pass '-lt 4.99'. The -e switch
seems  like  it  could  be  used  concurrently  to pass back the SPAMD
weight, but by design -e will pass the SPAM weight no matter what else
SPAMD  or  SPAMC32  thinks  about the message (-e is designed to allow
SPAMC32  to  function  as a 'weight' type test). So what you're asking
for  is  a switch like -e, but which is more conditional, allowing the
possible result codes:

     -  0,  if  -lt  not  met

     - <SPAMD weight>, if -lt met and <SPAMD weight> <= -et value

     - -et value, if <SPAMD weight> > -et value

Sounds like a good option, and I can't think of a way of kludging that
in  one  external  test  instance with the current switches (you could
actually do it with multiple SPAMC32 runs -- don't!). I'll add it in.

Thanks,

Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/