John, [or others ]

I use SpamReview to review held email. How does this fit now into the mix  with 3x Declude? I presume SpamReview will dump the 'return to queue' files back into the /spool dir. Is this ok?

-Nick

John T (Lists) wrote:
I understand that in Declude 2.x and lower Declude will rename the Q
file by replacing the leading "Q" with an underscore, and the extension
has it's first letter replaced with a tilde.  Am I correct in assuming
that when 2.x and below moves a Q file into Overflow, that it repeats
this same behavior in that directory?

Q files moved into the overflow directory were not renamed in any way. There
was no need to, as that was the point of the directory to take them out of
the processing loop temporarily so to speak. When declude.exe checked the
overflow directory for files to processed, it would first move them back
into the spool directory and then process in the normal manner.

Then for 3.x versions, it seems to have been reported that the Q files
are moved no matter what.  I was wondering if the renaming conventions
are still the same, or what they would be if they are different. I was
also wondering what directory the Q file is located in when it is being
scanned.

AFAIK, the files are not renamed at all. Once they are based declude by
Imail SMTP32, declude.exe moves both the D and Q into the spool\proc folder.
Decludeproc.exe then watches that folder and according to configuration
moves both the D and Q into the work folder then spawns a thread to process
them. Therefore all processing (scanning) of the message is done in the
spool\proc\work directory and the files are not renamed.

John T
eServices For You