Hi,

Sorry if this is off topic, or maybe it isn't.  I am running Imail 8.2 with declude 1.82 on a Poweredge server 1750, dual processors and 1 GB ram, internal Broadcom Netxtreme nic cards.  I have dns run on one internal nic and Imail on another.  It has happened before in the past but very rare that the Network card will stop responding.  The one with the DNS works fine but the other is non responsive and if you go to network connections it will just lock up trying to access the card properties, even though the rest of the box is runnning fine.  I have to do a hard reboot at this point to get the card to come back up.

I put the mail on the same card as the dns to see if the internal nic had issues but then that card locked up within 10 minutes.  I went out and bought an external card and put it in and the same thing happened after about 10 minutes of having the mail go through it.  I ended up going to Dell and downloaded an update for the nic cards and updated the flash bios and it stayed up this time.  I am hoping that is it.   However, the couple of times in the past two years this happened one reboot would fix the problem and would not come back for months.  I worried that this is the case again and it may happen again, sooner.

Has anyone experienced this?  I did applyl the microsoft patches sunday night but it ran fine for 4 days.

Keith Zwick
Cribellum, LLC
248-596-1901 ex301