Ya know, Sharyn, I took a cruise to the Caribbean last year and checked my
options to see if I could get to St. Croix to take that Cruzan distillery
tour.  A pity it didn't work out (but I was able to bring home some coconut
rum and vanilla rum bottles... And I'm just about out of both).

I live about 2 hours north of Orin, in Vancouver.  Sometimes called
"Hollywood North".  We get the mildest weather in Canada, and a good share
of the rain.  I related this thread to a colleague in "southern" Alberta.
This is what he said:

"Long sleeve shirt....this climate would eat them alive! The forecast is for
a low of -24 tonight without the wind-chill, we will see if my car starts
tomorrow morning.

By the way I had a flat tire on Friday and had to put on the spare tire in
-17 degrees, not fun!"

I feel for you!!! I'm originally from Maryland so I have experienced cold
and snow, although not like in Canada I'm sure.

Try the raspberry rum, mixed with coke, it's awesome!

If any of you all ever get near St. Croix and are thinking about taking the
tour, email me offlist and I"ll see that you are treated right!

Sharyn

---