Hi Sandy,

I apologize if this post offended you. I had no intention of posting anything
that
might be remotely construed as commercial spam. I used Declude for quite
awhile, and
still use Declude AV. I have monitored this list for years, not to upsell
anything to
anyone, but because it is one of the best technical resources on the net for
guys
that are in the trenches fighting spam every day. Declude users are, by and
large,
come of the most knowledgeable mail administrators around and the discussions
are
relevant and timely.

For what is worth, there are a few Declude users here that know that anti-spam
development is more of a personal crusade for me that a profit making venture.
We are
probably not even close to breaking even on anti-spam technology development,
however
I am fortunate in that our CYBERsitter product is profitable enough that I am
able to
indulge in development projects that are not profitable.

You are correct that we published a Declude add-in for awhile, however many of
the
functions we wanted to get into would have simply been duplications of what
Declude
already did (and does) well. I withdrew the Declude version primarily because
one of
my goals was to come up with more of a "hands off" system and this is
definitely not
what Declude users are interested in. I made the decision to withdraw the Imail
specific version because I specifically did not want to appear that we were
trying to
poach users from the Declude user base or to try and compete with Declude in
any way.
I posted the message yesterday because I genuinely thought this may be of some
interest to Declude users. We have no desire to compete with Declude, rather we
have
a mutual desire to help administrators deal with the onslaught of garbage they
have
to deal with on a daily basis.

I also think it is worth noting that we have spent many thousands of dollars
developing our MXRate blacklist system. While we do use it for our own
customers, we
also provided a free IP4R system for public use. It gets about 110,000,000 hits
a day
and the only place we ever announced the availability of this free, public
service
was here on the Declude list. So, I can only assume that a large amount of the
traffic is from Declude users. We have a new $6000 server devoted just to
serving the
free MXRate service, plus the ongoing bandwidth and maintenance costs. No one
ever
asked us to do this, and I simply felt that by doing so I could contribute to
the
Declude community in this way. Since I own the company, these costs basically
come
out of my pocket.

I am disappointed that you feel my contribution is unworthy.

Brian