I get the following error about once a week since upgrading to V8.22 from
8.05.  This error occurs twice in a row and then the SMTP service remains in
a stopped state.  I can manually restart it.  The recovery settings for the
service are set to "restart".  I have worked with Ipswitch on this issue and
they have no answer for me. Apparently a more senior person is looking at it
although I am not sure if that is true.  Does anyone have any ideas as to
the cause of this. The mail is down off course when this happens so It is
rather irritating.  Especially over the holiday time.

System Log error:

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( SMTPd32 ) cannot be found.
The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or
message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following
information is part of the event: SMTPd32 error: 231, ERR 004 - Failed to
create server Pipe..

Harry Vanderzand
inTown Internet & Computer Services
519-741-1222