Hi Everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I posted a message regarding our SMTP Gateway. Several users responded and have been using the beta version with no major issues. I appreciate the responses. We now have the Alligate SMTP Gateway available for evaluation for anyone that is interested. We could also use another beta tester or two, preferably someone who uses multiple or backup mail servers.

We have decided to make a FREE version available as well. It is limited to a single destination server and a maximum of 5 concurrent connections. For simple installations supporting a single mail server and doing less than 10,000 messages per day, the free (Standard) version may be all you need and there is no cost whatsoever.

The Alligate SMTP Gateway has numerous features to help with spam prevention that can be applied at the SMTP level before it ever gets to your mail server and Declude. If you use this with MXRate, and employ the tarpitting and/or blocking options, you can reduce spam volume by 60%+ immediately.

We now have an informational page and on-line help with screenshots, so we would like to invite you to check it out. The screenshots and help topics will give you a good idea of its' capabilities. We will also be adding more technical details over the next couple of weeks, including information for programmers who may be interested in incorporating third party external anti-spam and virus programs.

Main info page: http://www.alligate.com/smtpgateway.htm

Help and Screenshots: http://www.alligate.com/help/Default.htm

Thanks,

Brian Milburn