From: "Kevin Bilbee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Declude.JunkMail@declude.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 11, 2006 8:42 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: Max number of files in directory?

The degeradation comes from using explorer. We have an imaging application
the gets upwards of 250,000 file in it. We has issues with explorer taking
hours to display the files to manually archive them.

We had to write a program to archive them to avoid the pain of explorer.
What took all day manually, because of waiting for the listing to appear,
takes a few minutes with the .net program we wrote to archive the files to
another disk.

The degradation would depend on the application and how you are listing the
files.

Kevin Bilbee

playTab=Article

Mike