Sorry, that was the SCSI system, this is the SATA system. The price that I quoted includes the CPU, memory and SATA Raid card that you would purchase separately:

   http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015P-TR.cfm

Matt

Matt wrote:

Open-E makes a flash card pluggable into the IDE slot of a server that has a trimmed down Linux kernel running Samba and some other related software with a nice GUI for managing everything. It supports hardware RAID cards, and also the new version does software RAID. It speaks AD and all other related things.

   http://www.open-e.com/

I build my servers on Super Micro platforms. They have several 1U systems that hold four SATA drives, some even have redundant power supplies as well. I would go with a dual core P4 system for price since that should be plenty of performance. Minus the drives and software, you can get the following system for about $1,500 shipped:

   http://www.supermicro.com/products/system/1U/5015/SYS-5015P-8R.cfm

Matt

Kevin Bilbee wrote:

We are looking for a storage server to do our nightly backups to and our
desktop user backups.

1U Rack
1gig Ram
4 SATA hot swapable