Yeah, the auditing needs some supervision, you can use a script to read the file every 6 hours or so.

Basically move the current file, create a new one, and rename the old in a date-time.txt format. Then parse it for what you’re looking for and spit out some basic custom XHTML page (or xml).  That wouldn’t be too bad of a _vbscript_ especially with regular _expression_ searches.

Or you could use some other kind of log processor/web stats package (sawmill log analyzer supports a lot of formats) instead of creating a custom solution.

I think you can limit some of the entries in auditing by picking certain usernames to watch, haven’t really used it a whole lot, but it’s damn useful.  Web stats will only show you connections to the file by IIS, whereas auditing will show you every access from a particular username.  I would google it some, just to see what kinda options are out there for using it, might be some filters you could include or something of the like.

Thanks,

Shaun

Shaun Mickey
270net Technologies
Phone: 301.663.6000 x28
Fax: 301.663.4410
www.270net.com

"Internet/Technology Solutions for Business and Government"