A book on accounting is not necessary. I am very familiar with cost centers. It
is a fact that removing cost centers can cost a business revenue. So if a small
ISP removes spam filtering from their offerings then their customers that want
a one stop shop will go elsewhere.

It is a balancing act. What cost centers help you retain customers? Which ones
will get you new business? Electricity is also a cost center but without it you
would not have any revenue generating services to offer!

Kevin Bilbee