How tricky is it to configure this?  Current price I find is $300.

G.Z.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Beckstrom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <declude.junkmail@declude.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:08 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Spam Spike

I run Blackice Server on the mail server.  It drops the connecting IP if we
receive more than a user specified number of attempts for non-existent email
addresses within a user specified time limit.  It then blocks that IP for a
user specified amount of time before removing the block.

It prevents email address harvesting from our server.

Not bad for a product that cost about $200 if I recall correctly.

A side benefit is that it stores a text file with the hostname/IP address in
a folder for every blocked IP.  Over time, I can see patterns and
permanently block those IP ranges in my firewall if I so desire.

Anton