From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Darin
Cox
Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 9:20 AM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] declude not modifying subject line

David,

I'm sorry you feel that way, but I will not apologize for my post.  Frankly
I've had it with posts from Declude that seem to indicate no interest in
solving the problem, as David F-R's post seemed.  I've tried to be as nice
as I could be through these past two years, but I've had enough of put-offs
and lack of progress towards fixing issues over the past two years.

Instead of a put-off, how about making some statements about what is or will
be done?

Refusal to give a date for anything just indicates poor project management
practices.  Our main business is software development, so I completely
understand the issues of meeting dates, but in our business it's not
acceptable to not give dates.  We must use good project estimation and
management skills to assess what needs to be done to perform a task, and
balance the triangle of due date, resources, and task requirements to get
the task done.  That said extenuating circumstances can occur, requiring a
due date to be moved.  Communicating early and often with customers
alleviates any concerns that customers might have with due date changes, but
again, not giving a date is simply not acceptable.  Giving a reasonable
outside estimate, and meeting the date earlier is, however.

Darin.