Gary,

Your logic is incorrect. SPF is a check made by the destination mail server
(possibly my mail server) against the sending mail server (your mail
server). Your users authenticate to your mail server, then submit a message
to your mail server for delivery by your mail server to the remote mail
server. So, the remote mail server (possibly my mail server) would check the
SPF to determine if your mail server was listed as a source for the domain
of the sending email address.

Michael Thomas
Mathbox
978-683-6718