Don,

That's interesting. That line is actually an Akamai "cache key" that is being used to reference the image directly from Akamai's cache. Based on the cache key I suspect this showed up in a phish. For folks that utilize Akamai's caching services would never reference content via that way (cache key).

The reference to e.akamai.net means its one of their edge servers.

In the link below its not actually obfuscating or redirecting.

I would not block based on akamai.net because they provide other services like file downloads etc where its not uncommon that you could have links to file with akamai.net in the URL.

Darrell
----------------------------------
Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude, Imail, mxGuard, and ORF. IMail/Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, SURBL/URI integration, MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.

Don Brown wrote:
What's the best way to block the akamai.net URL redirect/obfuscation,
ie.

//a248.e.akamai.net/7/248/1856/90m/www.wellsfargo.com/img/hp/logo_62sq.gif

Block everything with akamai.net in it or ...?

Thanks,

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts®
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       http://www.inetconcepts.net
(972) 788-2364                    Fax: (972) 788-5049
----