>can someone tell me what this means too  .......
>
>VIRUSCODE 3
>VIRUSCODE 6
>
>in the virus.cfg file...

Command line virus scanners (the type that work with Declude) are able to
return an "exit code" (also sometimes called "return code" or "error
code").  A virus scanner will return an exit code of 0 if there were no
errors or other problems (IE, if the E-mail is virus free).  It will return
a different code if it finds a virus, or encounters another type of error.

Declude needs to know whether an error occurred, or whether a virus was
found.  That way, if something gets messed up (a new virus definition file
from McAfee is corrupted, for example) then innocent people sending clean
E-mails won't get E-mail notifications saying that they sent a virus.

The problem is that there is no standard for what code should be returned
if a virus is found.  McAfee uses 13, with F-Prot using 3 or 6.  Other
scanners use different codes.  That's why the VIRUSCODE line(s) are
necessary in the \IMail\Declude\virus.cfg file.