What I have noticed is that all of the 1.76i* releases have a problem with creating
Eicar files in the directory that you run declude -diag in, except the IMail
directory. For example, if I run three times at the root "C" prompt:

C:\>m:\imail\declude -diag

I will find the following in the root of "C":

09/27/2003  11:54a                  68 eicar.com.vir
09/27/2003  11:54a                  68 eicar.com.vir1
09/27/2003  11:54a                  68 eicar.com.vir2

That is intentional. The Declude diagnostics will create an eicar.com file, and try to delete it. If it can't create or delete the file, it displays a warning. This is designed for us to help discover when people have on-access virus scanners running that they don't know about.

In this case, your on-access virus scanner is renaming the file with the virus in it (which prevents Declude from deleting it). But since it is not happening in the \IMail directory (and subdirectories, presumably), it will not interfere with Declude Virus.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.