I was looking at the McAfee help file, and there were /mime and /mailbox switches. Am I missing something?

You can ignore those. McAfee won't see any MIME segments or mailboxes -- Declude Virus handles all that. McAfee will just see an attachment (one that will be deleted immediately after it is scanned, so any alterations McAfee might make to it will not be used anywhere).

Also is there an AV product that will function w. Declude AV and clean and pass the messages along?

No -- because if it cleans the attachment, the attachment is then immediately deleted, so nobody will ever see the cleaned file.

Statistically it would probably be seldom used as most viral attachments are deliberate rather than accidental, so I just currious. Anyone on the list?

About 99% of viruses that are received are ones that the virus itself sent out, that has meaningless content. In the rare cases where someone intentionally sends out an attachment that happens to have a virus, their computer is infected -- and, well, I think it's not a good idea to go out of your way to get their E-mail delivered. If you do, they may not bother disinfecting their computer -- which could enable spammers to send out millions of spams, for example.

Also, you should note that several viruses will include a document from the computer they infect in the E-mails they send out. So confidential documents may be spread by cleaning E-mails with viruses.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.