Would it really be anymore libelous than sending erroneous e-mail virus
notifications?  A simple quick, "it appears that "virus name" was sent from
your computer "IP".  Then include a link(s) to anti-virus sites.  Last night
I was watching as a computer was sending viruses to my domain, I knew the
person had to be online and it was very frustrating that there was no way to
contact this person to tell them that their system had been compromised.
The only reliable info I have is the IP and if I contact Road Runner,
Verizon ect, they never contact the user.

Also if I had the capability to do this, it is unlikely that I would include
any info that could connect me to the message, just in case....

Marc


-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Tolmachoff
(Lists)
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 7:50 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] Use Net Send to alert user of virus?

And then by doing that, you would be opening up yourself for libel.

Remember Code Blue. It is still considered a malicious virus, irregardless
of what it does.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You


> -----Original Message-----
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:Declude.Virus-
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marc Catuogno
> Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2004 4:39 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [Declude.Virus] Use Net Send to alert user of virus?
> 
> Does anyone have a way of using doing this?  I mean if scumware people and
> pornographers can use the windows messenger service why can't I?  I know
> it
> wouldn't always work, but most of the IP's I get in my virus notifications
> are from Road Runner or Cablevision.  I'll bet more than half of those
> people could be reached by this method.  I know that I don't have the time
> to contact many of them but even if I could send a message "you have the
> netsky.d virus on your PC! go to www.sarc.com for removal instructions!"
> maybe I can cure a few potential zombies.
> 
> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]
> 
> ---
> [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
> (http://www.declude.com)]
> 
> ---
> This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
> type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
> at http://www.mail-archive.com.

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus
(http://www.declude.com)]

---
This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
at http://www.mail-archive.com.
---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]




---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

---
[This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]

---
This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list.  To
unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus".    The archives can be found
at http://www.mail-archive.com.

Reply via email to