Thanks, Greg.  Will consider this.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Greg Little
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 4:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] Bannotify and SKIPIFFORGING

I assume you don't want to send useless (or confusing) messages as the result of a virus.
Unfortunately most of the banned extension hits are nothing but trash that should be thrown away.

What I've gone to here is sending the Banned e-mails only to the techs (mostly me). Then I get to make the judgement call as to whether it's customer or virus.
If customer, I forward the declude e-mail and the following text to both the sender and receiver. More manual than I would like but ...
The only info available to make the choice is From, To, Subject and Extension (and headers)

Greg

PS This also gives you a heads up when (like the last 2 days) there is a lot of blocked traffic, because a virus in not being trapped by the DAT files.

We are blocking attachments with the .EXE, .scr, .com, .bat,
.rar, .vbs, .cpl, .hta, .cmd, .pif, .zi and .pi extensions and
 password protected .ZIPs, in an effort to stop viruses that come in using those extensions.

I recommend you change the extension of your file attachment.
You may also place your file(s) inside a non-passworded Zip file.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Cris Porter wrote:

It would be great to be able to skip sending the ban notify e-mail for
certain file extensions (scr,pif,cpl).

Currently, I'm having to use I-mail rules to delete ban notify messages
for these extensions.

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Findlay Internet] --- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)] --- This E-mail came from the Declude.Virus mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.Virus". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.