I would have turned the vulnerability detection off by now except for the fact that more recently there has been good progress on malformed file detection that has been useful in blocking viruses (or at least stopping the banned extension bounce messages on our system).  I would prefer that when this is changed and control becomes more granular, that we get the ability to filter on these hits in JunkMail instead of just turning on and off each test.  That would allow me to review the messages under the same system as the spam, although segregated.

Matt, I am not going to argue that, as that is a valid point, as I would also like to see flexibility in blocking vulnerabilities.

However, the post I was responding to was questioning whether or not there was an actual vulnerability, not what to do with it.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You