> What  is  everyone talking about here, is Imail prohibiting add on's
> such  as  declude  in  future versions

No.

>  is declude launching a new version for another platform?

It is, as ever, hoped-for but not confirmed.

> The panic level just went up with those last few emails.

It  sure  did, and despite Ipswitch's scurrilous tactics, I'm not sure
exactly  why  so  many  people are panicking, declaring that they (the
sysadmins)  are  "outta  here" and running out to find another MTA. If
you're  running 8.1x or 7.1x and are satisfied with its performance as
the  "wrapper"  for  great  add-ons  such  as Declude (and in turn for
Sniffer,  etc.),  then why all the make-work? Sure, it's never good to
be faced with the knowledge that your relationship with a given vendor
will  be  over  when you _do_ want more features, but the argument for
this  overnight  or near-term migration only makes sense if you have a
current,  spec'd  out  need  for a new feature that (a) is in ICS, but
therefore  beyond  budget  within the Ipswitch product line, or (b) is
not  in  ICS,  but  must be found immediately nonetheless. A couple of
posters have implied that they will move to Exchange, since their last
best  chance  to  avoid  that move (a cheap ICS) hasn't been met; this
makes sense as in option (a). Someone expecting needing envelope-level
anti-spam rejections might move on as in option (b). But wherefore all
the other cut-and-run posts?

We're  only  now  moving  some  of  our last Novell 4.11 shops over to
non-Novell  OSs, and these clients have known for a shocking number of
years  that they would not be using NetWare when the time came to move
on.  Were  we  all angry at Novell for abandoning us when 5 and 6 both
(in  our  opinions)  sucked?  Yes. Did _we_ abandon _them_ in revenge,
when  maintaining  their  most  recent  release  didn't  cost a thing?
Certainly not overnight.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of