        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Andy Schmidt
        Sent: Thu 12/23/2004 9:05 AM
        To: Declude.Virus@declude.com; Declude.JunkMail@declude.com
        Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] Declude Licensing & codes

        Hi,

        At the end, there are two components to this:

        A) the technique used to validate licenses (e.g., an activation code,
        hardware detection, etc.)

        B) the procedures on how a "questionable" situation is handled.

        I really don't have a problem with ANY "technique" as long as I can be
        comfortable with the "procedures".  If the procedures could even
remotely
        result in an accidental automatic disabling, I'd no longer be able to
        justify use of the product.  Per example, if the procedures involve a
long
        grace period, or, if the procedures simply allow a "License Validation
        Staff" to REVIEW a questionable license with a customer at a mutually
        convenient time, or similar safeguards - then I'm absolutely okay with
it.

        When Barry called yesterday, I listened and agreed wholeheartedly, that
        Declude owes it to is PAYING customers to identify and go after
        non-compliant customers.  After all - it's money stolen from the paying
        customer (by either having to raise prices or by not being able to
invest
        into future development as much).

        But, I repeated my expectations that NOT details of the "techniques"
need to
        be disclosed - but there should be sufficient disclosure of the
        "procedures".  And that should be disclosed BEFORE the software is
offered
        for download - not AFTER people are starting to get suspicious.

        With the information that I was given, I'm perfectly satisfied that I
can
        continue to use Declude - and I fully support their efforts (in
general) of
        license enforcement.

        However, I still hope that Barry recognizes the need that ALL customers
need
        to know enough about the procedures to regain (!) MY level of comfort
and
        confidence in the company and the product.

        Best Regards
        Andy Schmidt

        Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)
        Fax:    +1 201 934-9206