This as my comment on many posts about licensing:

I believe Scott and Berry KNOW there are out many unlicensed copies of
Declude. I believe also that only a product with an appropriate revenue can
be maintained and brought forward regulary. (Probably this was a big problem
in the last 12 months)

So I really love it to see that there are strong rules that will bring users
of unlicensed copies in trouble and  the paying customers will benefit.

For sure: The non-announcement of such actions can create some colateral
damage. At least any of Barry's posts contained a final statement that all
users of unlicensed copies should make them legal.

I've a friend who's a truly genius regarding application developement. Any
of his applications (mostly windows services) contains an activation
component who contacts the online licensing server the first time and each
time if more then two basic properties of the hardware has changed (For
example CPU, MAC, IP, or ...)

As Declude.exe is called for each single message it wouldn't work in the
same way but maybe something like a weekly or monthly
"Keep-Alive-License-Package"?
The local application will continue to work only if after a new request
(containing hostname, IP, MAC, CPU-ID, ...) there is a returning
time-limited license package from Decludes license server. So each customer
know that he will have time enough to "reactivate" his license if he has
changed hardware. On the other side CPHZ has a great control over
definitively (or maybe) unlicensed copies. This would include also control
over illegal usage of new releases without an service agreement. Also test
systems will work for some days.

Maybe the new declude licensing functionality is already able to do all
this. So the only criticism is that there was no announcement. Also not to
customerers who's running definitively legal copies.

In order to keep admin's informed about unexpected licensing errors there
should be a new parameter like LICENSEALERT = [EMAIL PROTECTED] in each config
file. So If there is something going wrong with the licensing even if I'm a
legal customer I can read this immediatly in my inbox and have no problems
while sleeping at night because I haven't checked todays logfiles.

We're talking about software that has to work around the clock. If this
software is not doing his job and let pass malicious content I want back
money - much more then I've payd for because I've damage on my side.

Markus