Thursday, August 11, 2005, 8:50:32 PM, Matt wrote:

> With 2.0.6.16, which is available from the Declude site, you can turn
> off the Outlook CR Vulnerability.  I have turned off all but a couple of
> these because of numerous false positive issues.

Unfortunately, I'm still at 1.82 due to budget limitations ... our new
budget kicks in December, and I'm still debating if I should upgrade
Imail and Declude or switch to Smartmail and Declude  (definitely will
be staying with Declude virus/spam) ... I thought there was a way to
turn off the testing with 1.82 too, but couldn't find it in the
control file ??

> there was ever an exploit spreading actively in the wild, I would
> rethink my position.  I believe that Microsoft has long since patched
> the flaw, though it can certainly cause parsing issues in virus scanners
> that could lead to missing the payloads due to a message that was
> improperly formatted.

My experience is similar, but 99% of the stuff caught has been spam
anyway, so I haven't worried about it ... when I realized today it had
caught a legitimate email, I was worried.

Anyone know if there is a way to turn this off in 1.82??

-----
Internet Dental Forum  www.internetdentalforum.net
Dentalcast Podcast     www.dentalcast.net