Arrrggg.
Mr. Obvious says if you rename the win_netware_betadat.zip, wget will never find a file to compare it to and will always download the update.
----- Original Message -----
From: Matt
Sent: Monday, September 12, 2005 5:34 PM
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] Seemingly bad virus this morning

Scott and Andrew,

It does in fact work on my system.  I'm using Wget 1.8.1+cvs.  The beta definitions do change very frequently, so this might throw you off.  Try executing a derivative of the following command twice and see what happens (remove the line break and adjust the paths):

C:\Progra~1\wget\wget --limit-rate=1000k --progress=dot -t 3 -N -P C:\Progra~1\McAfee\update\ http://download.nai.com/products/mcafee-avert/beta_packages/win_netware_betadat.zip

Matt

Scott Fisher wrote:
-Matt,

Does the wget -N command work for you with Mcafee.
I also use the -N and get the full download every time.