If Declude is running the load will not change.

We found that declude with using 99% of the resources on our server.

We turned on Greylisting added SpamAssasin and turned off declude.  Then took
the same server and created virtual servers on it.  I now have an extra virtual
server I use for monitoring.

Maybe it was the version we were on or the way we had Declude configured but it
just killed our box no matter what we did even with just a few domains.
(Declude 4.3)

Maybe it was us,  I don't know but we get virtually no spam at all now and the
server is running twice as fast.