Hi David:

The best is http://oss.netfarm.it/clamav - because it's the same one ClamWin
is using and it's kept up-to-date. I don't recall any installation
difficulty. It did have a successful installer and is able to install itself
as a service.
There is a .REG file that sets up a registry entry where the path is stored.

In their registry, I chose to change the following (because I wanted to keep
the CONF files and the DB files out of the program code):

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ClamAV]
"ConfigDir"="C:\\Progra~1\\ClamAV\\conf"
"DataDir"="C:\\Progra~1\\ClamAV\\db"

For FreshClam.conf, I changed these parameters to match my preference:

DatabaseDirectory "C:\Program Files\clamAV\db"
UpdateLogFile "C:\Program Files\clamAV\log\freshclam.log"
LogTime yes

For ClamD.conf, I changed these:

LogFile "C:\Program Files\clamAV\log\clamd.log"
LogTime yes
TemporaryDirectory C:\Temp
DatabaseDirectory "C:\Program Files\clamAV\db"

For the service, I removed the spaces from the path (not sure if this was
needed):

"C:\Progra~1\ClamAV\clamd.exe" --daemon

In Declude, I used:

#ClamAV
SCANFILE1       C:\Progra~1\ClamAV\ClamDScan.exe
VIRUSCODE1      1

Of course, that still leaves the problem of Declude having no decent virus
report file parser (if you care about seeing the proper virus name in the
proper location of the log files). For now, I still use a "middleware" to
reformat the Report file before feeding it to Declude.  If you don't care
about names, then this isn't necessary.

Best Regards,
Andy