2006/2/5, bagavanme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I am Delphi devoloper for past 4+ Years. So far i have devoloped
> only desktop applications with paradox as my Backend. I have to Make
> Multiuser applications for my client needs, I Need to convert all my
> coding to handle Multiuser Compatablity. I found Minimal Help in
> Search engines. Now i Want to Pose some geniune Questions to you all..
>
> - What are the technical aspects for Converting Singleuser to
> Multiuser. (I have configured the .Net file Directory as said in
> Parados survival guide. but the locking of records doesn't work
> Properly) ?

Hi, first of all, I want to tell you that a lot of us have been in the
same situation. When I converted my paradox apps to multiuser I got
lots of problems, the paradox lock file isn't so good to get multiuser
environments. Finally I had to port them to client server, so I
recommend you to port your application to a client server
architecture, (firebird is a good solution).

If you want to (or have to) keep the paradox backend, then you could
use a n-tier architecture (only one app access the paradox data, then
it serves it to the clients). This is much more difficult than porting
your app to client/server with firebird.

> - Can we handle 5 to 6 Node thru Parodox for building Robust
> Applications ?

I know one multiuser paradox app working with 5 clients, but it isn't
an easy task, and needs more maintenance than a client/server one.

> - Is there any alternate solutions for getting a solution ?

Any client/server aproach or n-tier architecture.

> - Will Interbase backend fit for my Proposal?

Of course, but give a look at Firebird (free version of interbase). I
am handling tables with 200.000 records and lots of users
simultaneusly without problems.

>
> - Is there any books or Technical articles for builing Multiuser
> applications(If so please give me the target).

There are a lot of books and documents, a simple search in google
about "firebird delphi" will give you a starting point. A good printed
book is "The dark side of delphi" since it handles the options.

One more thing, if you don't plan to change your database  (eg.
firebird ) to another one in a future, use specific components like
IBObjects, because they will give you more performance than BDE
components.

good luck ;)

--
un saludo

Dario Guerrero
[EMAIL PROTECTED]


-----------------------------------------------------
Home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delphi-en/
To unsubscribe: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delphi-en/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to