Okay, we know that this one probably ain't true, but since we are on the
(off) topic I thought I would quickly mention an email  virus that we did
catch...

It was called Happy99 (or something like that), one of our users got it and
ran the attachment (a nice little firework show)... The user later got told
by someone that he mailed to, that another mail message arrived with the
Happy99 file attached that the user didn't send... Very strange I thought!

Checking up the virus info web sites, it turns out that Happy99 replaces the
Winsock DLL (I think it was) with its own little version which piggy backs
its Trojan horse onto outgoing emails... Very devious...

Obviously it is not a good look for a company to be spreading around
something like that, even unintentionally!! We traced where the message came
from, and let everyone know who got sent email from our infected user...

So, something to look out for (our McAffee virus scanner didn't pick it up
until we had loaded the very latest dat files).

Hope it wasn't too off topic.

Regards
C Fraser