Hi Leo.

                I made the change 3 years ago. Now, I simply wouldn't
contemplate going back. There are far to many reasons why I am convinced
that Local Database is dead technology to discuss here, and I don't want
to get involved in world war 3 about Interbase versus other databases.
Each CS Database has its merits and demerits. If you want to talk about
it send me a private Email.

                To me it is either use Interbase (or some other CS
Database) or if its small, then use a TClientDataset.

                Interbase is really very cheap now, so cost is really
not an issue.

                Cheers,

                TonyB

                I was advised on DUG way back to not to mix tables with
queries. I dont recall quite what the reasons were, but I
                elected to use tables, and to create them using database
desktop.

                I now find a need to display a table sorted on a
secondary index, apparently an easy feature of tquery. Can anyone
                see a wise and simple resolution of this? Can I stick
with tables, and is wise to do so?

                This has brought up a bigger issue - I now wonder if I
should mature my project to using SQL and switching to
                InterBase. I understood that InterBase requires runtime
licenses, which I am reluctant to impose on my intended
                clients. But I fear that I will eventually stumble into
some problem forcing me to switch. Does anyone have any
                advice or wisdom on how I should proceed, i.e. should I
stay in the paradox battle or change ground to InterBase?

                best regards
                Leo

---
                    New Zealand Delphi Users group - Delphi List -
[EMAIL PROTECTED]