Does the callback not need a parameter or 3? The stack will be all over
the place
if it does...

99% of windows callbacks atleast take a hWND and return an integer.

Nic.

Alistair George wrote:

> A while ago, Nic kindly came up with an answer to my query about a callback
> proceedure. Well today I implimented the procs as below.
> The callback works, but it causes an access violation error, and that is
> with NOTHING being done in the callback proc at all - it should just go
> there and return. But in going to the call (and it does reach it) and
> returning, there is some violation.
> Could it be that stdcall is expecting something to be returned??
> the docs say that Stdcall is a function, but recommend using it.
> Any suggestions appreciated.
> Tks,
> Al+
> > Type TMyClass = class
> >   procedure mycallback;
> > end;
> >
> > var
> >   myclass : TMyClass;
> >
> > implementation
> >
> > procedure TMyClass.myCallBack;
> > begin
> >   //do whatever - you need to add params no doubt.
> > end;
> >
> > procedure CallBack;stdcall;
> > begin
> >   myClass.myCallBack; //just throw it into the object for more
> > processing
> > //you could do it all here, tho....
> > end;
>
> > initilization
> >   myClass := TMyClass.Create;
> > end.

Nic Wise - Inprise New Zealand Ltd. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09-360-0231 (wk), 021-676-418 (mob), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (hm)
My opinions do not reflect the opinions of my employer,
or myself at times.