doesn't PGP now come as a DLL??? Maybe only in the US :(

There are a few DES implementations on the web, one of which is on
the dunstan thomas interbase site (same encryption as they use for
IB passwords (and unix passwords), which I THINK is triple DES)

http://interbase.dthomas.co.uk or the link of the DUG site here.

you could get Peter Hyde's TCompress and then XOR the result with
something -
it would be quick, easy, tho it is security by obscurity, which is not
good.
But the size of the result should be smaller than the original :)

Also, Peter Gutmann at UoA has a thing called CryptLib, which looks
good, tho
last time I looked at it, the licence was not good for me (ie, not cheap
for
commercial use - this was a year ago) and AFAIK its not ported to
Delphi.

http://www.cs.auckland.ac.nz/~pgut001 - definatly work a serious look!!

There is also an NZ PK package from Bill Raike (sorry if the spelling is
wrong), tho I dont have the URL. Being commercial and PK, I'd not expect
it to be cheap
either, tho I havn't looked.

Then there is the MS Crypto Library. um, yeah, whatever.....

:)

Nic

Patrick Dunford wrote:

Nic Wise - Inprise New Zealand Ltd. [EMAIL PROTECTED]
09-360-0231 (wk), 021-676-418 (mob), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (hm)
My opinions do not reflect the opinions of my employer,
or myself at times.