From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On
Behalf Of Patrick Dunford
Sent: Tuesday, 30 March 1999 23:04
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Encryption component

Can anyone recommend an encryption component with source code, I am
looking at encrypting some data in a database to prevent its use by other
programs. Alternatively a compression component that can also
encrypt/decrypt would be a possible consideration. When encrypting text
you don't want the string to become significantly longer (if possible not
at all longer) than the original if you are working near the limits of
field length (in this case there may be enough free length to allow
expansion). Otherwise I thought of putting a password on the tables
(Paradox)...

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ
PRO VSM - Human Rights for Students!
http://patrick.dunford.com/