Hi all,

I've got the following problem:
I create a copy table, using the following code
      with tblSource do
      begin
         databaseName := sDBaseName;
         tableName    := sSourceTableName;
      end;

      with tblDest do
      begin
         databaseName := sDbaseName;
         tableName    := sDestTableName;
      end;

      with tblDest do
      try
         tblSource.fieldDefs.update;
         fieldDefs.assign(tblSource.fieldDefs);
         tblSource.IndexDefs.update;
         indexDefs.assign(tblSource.indexDefs);
         createTable; // create clone table

This works fine, unless I leave the destination table (component) open
at design time. No hold on, I do shut all the tables at OnCreate() by
the following code:
   // close all tables
   for i := 0 to componentCount-1 do
   begin
      try
         if components[i] is TTable then
         with TTable(components[i]) do
         begin
            close;
            dataBaseName := sMainDbaseName;
         end;

Summarised:
All tables are inactive at the time the table in question is to be
cloned. When the table component connected to the clone table is open at
design-time the error message "Table is busy" is generated. When the
table is closed at design-time there is not problem at all.

Any ideas?

TIA

John Christenhusz
POSTEC DATA SYSTEMS Ltd.