I was just wondering how some of you copy with large datasets eg. A Client
entry srceen. If you open the query selecting all you can go on holiday and
forget it. So the way I normally handle if is selecting the dataset where
1=0 (imposible) and then allow them to make selection according to there
needs. This works fine but I was wondering if any one had a nicer way. It
would be cool if the BDE would pass the live query to the server and just
get the first record and then if you clicked next on the navigator get the
next record, and so on, rather than taking the whole dataset at once.

Also anyone got any tips for DBgrids and large datasets. We have one screen
where you enter bank interest on mortgages and there can be upward of two
hundred entries and as you can imagine it takes for ever to move or delete a
row.