>What sort of App are you monitoring?  Why can't you use the
> handle returned by FindWindow, and continue to use the handle.
> Why do you need to know

Well, the application I'm watching is WinAMP.  I have a util that edits my
email sig with the current playing CD, and I'm adding the functionality to
report the current playing mp3 (as requested by a user).  Now, the only way
I can see to find out the current mp3 (without actually writing a plugin) is
to monitor WinAMPs window title, which displays "13. Song title - WinAmp"
where the number is the track number.

I can just use a ttimer and watch for a change every second or so, which is
what I will be doing unless I find a better way.  Why does the hook proc.
need to be in a DLL?

--
Mark Derricutt, Software Engineer
PB Power (NZ) Ltd

Now Playing... The Flower Kings - Back In The World of Adventures